Skip to main content

Frustration

Today, I am extremely frustrated and upset!

I just got a call from Calvin's school saying that I will be having a person contacting me to set up an appointment to have a supervised visit to the life skills class but at this time they are denying me the opportunity to go observe the mild to moderate class.

WHAT THE HELL! Seriously! I refused the life skills class and right now they are saying that I can't observe the class I am requesting for Calvin to be in. That seems like a whole bunch of BS to me. Seriously, How come we were recommended to be in the 1st grade mild to moderate class for this year when Calvin clearly has so many more skills and his cognitive abilities are far exceeding what he could do last year.

Calvin just had his testing done that was the reassessment of the same test they had to take before starting kindergarten and he did amazing at it. She said he knew all his letters, all their sounds, all the sight words and did pretty good at the rest of the test. How do they feel like this is okay. I HATE THE SPECIAL EDUCATION SYSTEM. Why does everything have to be a battle that I am always loosing.


Then to top it off, I looked down at my finger while I was typing to notice my wedding ring stone missing! Perfect!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's for sure a boy!!!

My Sweet Calvin!!!
Calvin Ryan Stoddard was born July, 2nd 2010!!!
This sweet miracle enter our lives at 8:30 pm weighing 7 lbs 9 oz. He is the most precious thing in this world! I am so grateful to be a mommy and have such an amazing blessing in my life!

Baby's Room

Here are the Pictures I promised of the baby's Room! It is all done and ready for the cute little Man!!! We can't wait to see him!


The up-close & personal view of Ryan's art work!

We also hiked Adam's Canyon this past week and here are some cute pictures of the trip! We made it all the way to the top!! It was beautiful!


This is Ryan & I at a baby shower that RC Willey did for us! I talked him into going with me! I even think he kinda enjoyed it!!! What a sweet little daddy he is gonna be!

Calvin's Placement

We were never told life would be easy, but it will be worth it. I pray daily that I can become the women, mother and wife our heavenly father would have me be. I definitely make tons of mistakes and have so much to work on. I wish I knew just the right the to do and just the right things to say but I don't. I am not a writer and don't claim to be good at it but I wanted to express my feelings today. I have so much frustration bottled up inside that I might explode if I don't express myself. I definitely don't know what to do when it comes to my oldest Calvin and his needs. Here is a little of what I am currently struggling with.
Calvin is a 6 year old little boy with a summer birthday. He has been developmentally delayed since I can remember. He started out in early intervention then went to specialized preschool with the district. Our goal has always been to not need an IEP and to be mainstream. I honestly didn’t even know what an IEP was until I was forced to learn …